Jon Mattson

Jon Mattson
Eagle Ceremony

Monday, March 3, 2008

Myths introduction

I thought that it was interesting that alot of t
he original meaning can be lost in translation. In the later part of the intorduction, it has to define "mythic past, Mythic present, and Mythic future". And how in a few of the entiries of the Gods' a particular phrase is defined as Army, but also may be Peoples. So I thought that it was interesting to think that, what misinterpretations are their in these myths translations? In addition to this I found it very cool that I have seen the names of these gods and monsters in the "western culture". I already knew about the days of the week beeing named after the Norse gods, but I didn't know that Fenrir was apart of norse mythology. I don't know if it is pronounce the same, but I knew this character from the Harry Potter series. In addition to this I recognized the Asgard from the Sci Fi series that I watch. I found it really cool that these names have not been practiced (wide spread) from centuries, and yet their legacy is still here.

No comments: